Also available in e-book format:
Alaric Braidwine is a young man with big problems
As one of the Demon-Bound, he is now a wanted man and has been forced to flee, leaving his friends to the machinations of the High Mage Turlough Greenfyn who is threatening to execute Alaric's friend Fenelon if Fenelon's father does not help find Alaric and bring him to justice.
Ronan Tey — whose soul shares Alaric's body — is determined to whisk Alaric out of Ard-Taebh and into the mysterious land of Garrowye to seek the aid of an Elder to remove the demon's mark and break Alaric's bond with the demon Vagner.
As if he didn't have enough troubles, Alaric is befriended by the mercenary Talena who has her own agenda.
Then he's taken prisoner by the Temple of the Triad (who are determined to root out all heresy and magic from the land) and dragged into the wilds of Taneslaw to seek the White One—the mystical dragon worshiped as a goddess by the heretics. Who is friend and who is foe is getting harder for Alaric to determine. He had better find out soon, or he could wind up losing his soul and his life, and quite possibly bring about the death of all magic in the world.
Links to interview with Laura J. Underwood
- Dragon’s Tongue
- Wandering Lark
- The Black Hunter (electronic edition from Embiid, 2002 / print edition included in Chronicles of the Last War)
- Willowherb (novella in Chronicles of the Last War)
- Ard Magister
- Tales from Keltora
- The Green Women
Short Fiction and Novellas
- "Shadow Hart" (novella in Keltora, Land Of Myth, an electronic collection of short fiction from Embiid Publishing, 2001)
- "Wyrd" (novella in Chronicles of the Last War)
- Gather My Bones (electronic novella, Jintsu E-Books, 2003)
- "The Dancing Stones of Nevermhor" (novella in Tangled Webs and Other Imaginary Weaving from Dark Regions Press, 2002)